Montreal Dickens Fellowship Study Questions: “David Copperfield”
Westmount Public Library
January 7, 2020 1:00-3:00
Chapters 15 - 22
- Jack Maldon is one of Dickens’ bad guys. Compare him and contrast him to Uriah Heep.
- Comment on Mr.Wickfield’s alcohol use.
- Who is Betsy Trotwood’s mysterious man? Comment on Dickens' use of foreshadowing and suspense.
- Does David become less naïve as he matures?
- Agnes is always so angelic. Is she a believable character?
- Mr. Dick is one of Dickens’ most lovable characters. Why? What role does he serve in the book?
- Do you sympathize with Lil Emily, with Martha?
- Contrast Steerforth’s home and the Peggoty’s home.