Montreal Dickens Fellowship Trivia Quiz Part 2
- What did Madame Defarge stitch into her knitting?
(names of aristocracy/ washing instructions/ Trump’s tax record/gems)
- What is Miss Havesham wearing when Pip first meets her?
(Nurse’s uniform/ Rocky and Bullwinkle T /faded wedding gown/fur cape)
- In Our Mutual Friend, what does Mr. Venus sell?
(love potions/ skeletons/ lottery tickets/ Montreal steamies)
- Where does Edwin Drood’s uncle Jasper like to hang out?
(Schwartz’s Deli/ Rosebowl/Westmount Library/ Opium dens
- How old was Charles Dickens sister-in law, Mary, when she died?
(12/ 17/ 30/ 85)
- Who was Charles Dickens’s wealthy patroness?
(Charlotte Bronte/ George Eliot/ Queen Lativa, /Angela Burdett Coutts)
- What Hotel did Dickens stay at in Montreal in 1842?
(Queen Elizabeth, the Ritz Carlton, Rascoes, Bonaventure Hilton)
- Which of Dickens’s sons joined the Mounties?
- What trauma left Dickens shaken and fearful 5 years before his death?
(1883 Krakatowa volcano/1929 market crash/1865 Staplehurst train wreck)
- Sarah Gamp is associated with which of these items?
(pitch fork/ broomstick/umbrella/ platinum blonde wig)
- In Martin Chuzzlewit, Eden turns outs to be what kind of place?
(heavenly garden/brothel/ fever-ridden swamp/ utopian paradise)
- Which profession does Mr. Pecksniff belong to?
(Medicine/ Law/ Dentistry/ Architecture)
- What musical instrument does Tom Pinch play?
(bongo drums/ moog synthesizer/ church organ/ harmonica)
- What was Dickens’s favorite flower?
(roses/ lilacs/ lilies/ geraniums)
- Which of these was not a favorite pastime of Dickens?
(walking/ riding/ stamp collecting/ performing magic tricks)
- Which Dickens novel has not been made into a musical?
(Oliver Twist/ Edwin Drood/ Tale of Two Cities/ Our Mutual Friend)
- What was the name of Dickens’s country house?
(Chateau Versailles/ Le Chantecler/ Gads Hill/ Auberge Ste Agathe)
- What famous children’s author overstayed his welcome at Dickens’s home?
(Roald Dahl/ A.A.Milne/ James Barrie/ Hans Christian Anderson)
- What Montreal group has great fun while learning so much?
(Mtl. Dickens Fellowship! / Mtl. Dickens Fellowship! /Mtl. Dickens Fellowship!)
- What author do we enjoy and wish a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!?
(Charles Dickens/Charles Dickens/Charles Dickens/ Charles Dickens!!!)